I adore Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. This after-hours event at Magic Kingdom Park is something I look forward to attending each fall, and can’t get enough of the special Halloween entertainment that comes alive throughout the park.
In case you haven’t been to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party before, here are 13 reasons you should check it out for yourself this year.
- “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks – This villains-themed fireworks show lets Disney’s biggest “baddies” light up the sky above Cinderella Castle in a special show only offered during the Halloween parties.
- Trick-Or-Treating (even for adults!) – As I shared in an earlier blog post, we’ll be handing out a whopping 261 tons of candy at our parties this year. Read more on that here.
- Halloween Costumes – Not only are Disney characters dressed in their Halloween best, but you’re welcome to dress up, too! Parties are also great for people watching – it’s amazing to see the costumes that other guests come up with.
- Event-Exclusive “Pirate Helmsman” Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card – This year’s exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card was inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean and can only be obtained by attending a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Cards are complementary (one per guest), and guests must show their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.
- The Headless Horseman Rides Again – If you pick a parade spot early enough, you just may catch the riding past of the Headless Horseman. It’s an amazingly spooky moment that you don’t want to miss!
- “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade” – This parade is packed with Halloween fun, including appearances by some of the “happy haunts” from the Haunted Mansion – including the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Mickey Mouse and many of his friends are also in the lineup, of course.
- Villain’s Sinister Soiree Dessert Party – For guests who can’t get enough of the Disney villains, there’s a new, additional ticket offering called “Villain’s Sinister Soiree Dessert Party: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle” that offers entertainment by Lady Tremaine and Cinderella’s stepsisters, as well as appearances by other Disney villains – and some amazing desserts. Attendees also get VIP viewing for fireworks and the parade. More info on that here.
- Haunting Decor on Main Street, U.S.A. – After the sun sets, Main Street, U.S.A., becomes ablaze with illuminated pumpkins of all sizes and shapes, among other eerie lighting effects. This part of the park is a must for photos.
- Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball – This Tomorrowland dance party is a true monster mash, which features favorite friends from Monstropolis. Get your dance moves (and your camera) ready!
- Special Halloween Treats – Think pumpkin spiced waffle sundaes, candy corn cupcakes, and more. Check your event map for special treat locations.
- Special Character Greetings – The event also features special character meet and greet opportunities with many Disney characters dressed in Halloween costumes, making for some cute photo opps! (All entertainment subject to change, of course).
- Magic Kingdom Park Attractions – In addition to all of the Halloween fun, most attractions are open for you to enjoy – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, anyone?
- The Haunted Mansion – This attraction is always great fun, but it is simply a must during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties. Be on the lookout for the mansion’s maids and butlers to be a bit spruced up on party nights.
What’s your favorite part of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Tell us in the comments section below!
13 Reasons to Love Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog