If you’re heading to our park to join in on the fun, here are 24 suggestions on how you can make the most of this year’s event.
- Show your #DisneySide by wearing a costume. (Check out the guidelines here).
- Join your favorite heroes from “The Incredibles” in the #IncrediblesSuperDanceParty in Tomorrowland, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Join the “Move It, Shake It, Dance & Play It!” Street party to celebrate the start of summer. The first celebration begins at 9:30 a.m.!
- Find the paw prints of “Lady and the Tramp” hidden somewhere on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Have breakfast in the park. Mickey Waffles, anyone?
- Challenge yourself to get as many photos with Disney characters as possible. The My Disney Experience App will have the latest on appearance times.
- Catch the fun of the Royal Majesty Makers, who appear throughout New Fantasyland during the day.
- Attend the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade,” which features floats from “Tangled,” “Brave” and many more.
- Get your picture with Cinderella’s Pumpkin Coach.
- May 22 is also the opening date for the film “Tomorrowland.” Celebrate with a ride through Space Mountain or the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover.
- Check out the latest Disney merchandise. Memento Mori, a new spot devoted to Haunted Mansion-inspired gifts, is a great place to start.
- Catch the patriotic flag retreat on Main Street, U.S.A., promptly at 5 p.m.
- Check out the latest additions to the park, including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and the interactive queue at Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Join the late night dance parties in your pajamas. That’s what Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale and Goofy will be wearing!
- Enjoy the “Celebrate the Magic” castle projection show.
- Gather together for “Wishes” fireworks at Cinderella Castle.
- Change costumes at the 12-hour mark. Maybe a “hero” look for the day and a “villain” look at night?
- 24 hours means a lot of time for character autographs. How many can you get?
- Enjoy a late-night snack at the park. Popcorn or Dole Whip?
- Take pictures wearing as many different Mickey Ear hats as you can.
- See how many Hidden Mickeys you can find in 24 hours.
- Catch two showings of the “Main Street Electrical Parade.”
- Enjoy your favorite Disney attractions all day (and night) long.
- Take an early morning family photo – if you can make it the full 24 hours!
How will you kick off our 24-hour event? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!
24 Ways to Kick Off Our Coolest Summer Ever Event on May 22 at Walt Disney World Resort by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog