School is out, and that means it’s the best time of year to spend the day at the pool – especially at the Disneyland Resort! We have amazing pools available for Disneyland Resort hotel guests, where your family can soak up some fun in the sun. Today, I wanted to pass along some tips to help you plan your time relaxing poolside, taking a break from the fun at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks.
- Splash-tacular Pool Parties – Every day this summer at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, a DJ spins music and cast members lead games like Hula-Hoop Toss and “Sand”-castle building (with cups)! Hotel guests can join the daily pool parties at these times:
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: 2 p.m. near the Fountain Pool
- Disneyland Hotel: 3:30 p.m. near the Monorail Pool
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel: 5 p.m. near the Californian Streamin’ Slide
- Poolside Cabanas – If you’re looking for a luxurious way to spend the day by the pool, then look no further than a Poolside Cabana! Available at both Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disneyland Hotel, reserve your own oasis for up to six people. Inside your cabana, you’ll find a 32-inch LCD television with cable access, mini refrigerator with six complimentary water bottles and more! You can book a cabana up to 60 days in advance (just a friendly reminder – they fill up quickly). For booking and more information, click here.
- Services near the pool – Trust me, I know it can be difficult to move from your lounge chair, even when you’re ready for a meal. Well, all of the Disneyland Resort hotel pools have nearby restaurants where you can quickly grab a bite to eat. So fortunately, your break from lounging will be minimal. At the Disneyland Hotel, head to Tangaroa Terrace, which features a newly re-imagined menu. White Water Snacks is a fantastic place at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (I personally prefer the Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich) and don’t miss Slurpin’ USA at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. If you need sunblock and other sundries, stop by Acorns Gifts and Goods (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa), Small World Gifts and Sundries (Disneyland Hotel) and Mickey in Paradise (Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel).
- Pool & Slide Hours – The last and probably most important tip … the pool hours! Now through the end of summer, all pools will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., with the featured slides operating from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Stay safe and cool this summer! Have any tips to share? Leave them in the comments below!
Disneyland Resort Summer Tips: Fun in the Sun at Disneyland Resort Hotel Pools by Tyler Slater: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog