A visit to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, has so many unforgettable experiences. With this in mind, we are starting the “Tastes of Aulani” series so you can bring some of the memorable flavors of Hawai`i back with you. Today you can try your bartending skills at one of the signature cocktails featured at The `Olelo Room, Off the Hook and Wailana Pool Bar! Watch Aulani cast member Keola share the magic behind creating the Tropical Mai Tai at The `Olelo Room in the video below. The recipe follows so you can enjoy a little taste of this Aulani favorite in your own home.
Tropical Mai Tai:
- 1/2 ounce Odwalla Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 ounce Monin Orgeat Syrup
- 1 ounce Old Lahaina Silver Rum
- 1/2 ounce BOLS Orange Curaçao
- 1 ounce Myer’s Original Dark Rum (float)
- Thin pineapple half-moon and a layer of FOMZ Passionfruit::Mango foam, for garnish
- Pour lime juice, pineapple juice, Old Lahaina Silver Rum, Orange Curaçao, and Orgeat syrup in mixing glass; fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into tall glass over fresh ice and add float of Myer’s Original Dark Rum and layer of FOMZ Passionfruit::Mango foam; garnish with a thin pineapple half-moon.
Tastes of Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa: Tropical Mai Tai at The `Olelo Room by Tyler Slater: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog