In the spirit of the season, I am proud to share with you the top 10 ways the Disneyland Resort and its cast have given back to the community this year. This list speaks to how we continue Walt Disney’s legacy of giving. Of a total $ 17 million donated in 2014, these 10 efforts top the charts! As we approach 2015 and the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, we will continue to nurture, inspire and empower families in making lasting and positive change in the world. Happy Holidays!
- The Disneyland Resort, Angels Baseball and the Anaheim Ducks committed $ 3 million (to be allocated over three years) to Accelerate Change Together (ACT) for Anaheim.
- The 24th annual CHOC Walk in the Park at the Disneyland Resort raised more than $ 2 million to support CHOC Children’s.
- Eighty-five Southern California nonprofit organizations benefited from the Disney VoluntEARS Community Fund – to the tune of $ 415,000 in grants.
- 120,000 pounds of gently used costumes, shoes, mattresses and box springs were donated to Goodwill in an effort to reduce waste to landfills.
- 13,000 military care packages were sent to U.S. servicemen and women overseas.
- Two KaBOOM! playgrounds were built in 2014, bringing the total number of playgrounds built in Orange County to seven and giving nearly 11,000 children a place to play.
- 709 Disney Wishes were granted at the Disneyland Resort through Make-A-Wish.
- 249 Orange County arts and music projects received Disneyland Resort CREATE grants.
- A total of $ 75,000 in scholarships were given to ten Orange County high school seniors.
- Nearly 8,000 toys collected at the Disneyland Resort were donated to Toys for Tots.
Top 10 Ways Disneyland Resort Shares the Magic by Melanie Vogel: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog